Jobs & Careers
By working for the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the Nation, you’ll have access to a wider range of opportunities and leadership positions at your fingertips.
VA Butler Healthcare Human Resources Office
325 New Castle Road
Butler, PA 16001
Hours: 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
(800) 362-8262, ext. 5051
VA Butler Healthcare continually accepts applications for clinical positions available in our facility. Applications are kept on file for a year and referred as positions become available.
To submit an application for our applicant supply file, please submit the following documents to Applications@vhar04idx01.r04.med.va.gov:
- Completed 10-2850 application form corresponding to the positions applying for (available for download below)
- Copy of your professional license (if applicable)
- Unofficial copy of transcripts (if applicable)
- Any other supporting documentation
Once your application is received, you will receive notification from our staffing office on the status of your application package.
Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA) Applicants:
VA Butler Healthcare continually accepts applications for our applicant supply file for Veterans eligible under VRA hiring authority. Applications for any positions are accepted through this appointment and can be submitted to the Human Resources Staffing Office via email to Applications@vhar04idx01.r04.med.va.gov.
VRA eligibility requirements:
- Disabled Veterans; or
- Veterans who served on active duty in the Armed Forces during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized; or
- Veterans who, while serving on active duty in the Armed Forces, participated in a United States Military operation for which an Armed Forces Service medal was awarded; or
- Veterans recently separated within three years
If interested in being added to our VRA applicant supply file, please submit the following documents to Applications@vhar04idx01.r04.med.va.gov:
- Completed applicant questionnaire
- Copy of your DD214 showing eligibility
- Copy of service connected disability letter (if applicable)
- Completed SF-15 application (if applicable, available for download below)
- Any other supporting documentation
At VA Butler Healthcare, we strive to hire only the best! Working with and for America's Veterans is a privilege, and we pride ourselves on the quality of care we provide. If you have what it takes, please consider applying for one of our available positions. If you need additional information, please contact our Human Resources Office.
The Department of Veterans’ Affairs is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
UNITED STATES CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION ABILITY TO DRIVE SAFELY - Form
VA Job Applications and Forms
Application instructions specific to each job posting can be found at the end of the announcement. Some positions require you to apply online, while others require that you submit a paper application directly to each VA facility where you desire employment.
VA has several different application forms based on your occupation type. Look in the table below to find the correct application for your occupation, as well as additional required forms.
Responding to a Job Announcement
Be sure to follow the application instructions given in the job announcement. They are your primary guide for responding to a posted opening. Here are additional reminders for submitting an application:
- Please send your signed, completed application and any other required forms to the Organization Contact at the Organization Address, both of which are listed at the end of the job announcement.
- Write the Announcement Number, also listed at the end of the job announcement, on your application.
- Keep a copy of the entire application package for your records.
The documents below are in PDF format. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view them. Acrobat Reader software can be downloaded for free.
|Form Number||Form Description|
|Download 10-2850||Application for Physicians, Dentists, Podiatrists, Optometrists, and Chiropractors|
|Download 10-2850A||Application for Advanced Practice Nurse, Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist, Nurse Practitioner, and Registered Nurse|
|Download 10-2850B||Application for Medical Residents|
|Download 10-2850C||Application for Audiologist, Audiologist — Speech Pathologist, Biomedical Engineer, Blind Rehabilitation Specialist, Certified Registered Respiratory Therapist, Dental Technologist, Diagnostic Radiologic Technician, Dietitian, Expanded-function Dental Auxiliary, Kinesiotherapist, Licensed Practical Nurse, Medical Instrument Technician, Medical Records Administrator, Medical Records Specialist, Medical Records Technician, Medical Technologist, Nuclear Medicine Technologist, Occupational Therapist, Occupational Therapy Assistant, Orthotist-Prosthetist, Pharmacist, Pharmacy Technician, Physical Therapy Assistant, Physical Therapist, Physician Assistant, Psychologist, Prosthetic Representative, Registered Respiratory Therapy Technician, Social Worker, and Therapeutic Radiologic Technologist|
|Download 10-2850D||Application for Health Professions Trainees|
|Download OF-306||Declaration for Federal Employment form|
|Download OPM Form 1203 FX||Qualifications and Availability Form C and Occupational Questionnaire|
|Download SF 15||Application for 10-point Veterans Preference|
|Download US Application
|Use this cover page when faxing application materials for jobs posted by a Delegated Examining Unit, or in other limited cases when instructions indicate a fax will be accepted.|