Butler VA Health Care System
If you qualify for VA health care, you can get high-quality mental health services as part of your benefits. You may also be able to get care for certain mental health problems even if you don't have VA health care.
The Butler VA's Center for Behavioral Health (CBH) is a treatment resource for Veterans struggling with a wide range of emotional, readjustment and behavioral health issues such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), depression, anxiety, mental illness, substance abuse, or military sexual trauma (MST). Interdisciplinary staff includes psychologists, psychiatrists, psychiatric nurses and social workers. Psychiatric medication and evidence based treatments are available as recommended.
Available programs and services include:
- Domiciliary Residential Rehabilitation Treatment
- Military Sexual Trauma (MST) Treatment and Support Group
- Outpatient Substance Abuse Treatment
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Treatment
- Suicide Prevention Support and Resources
- ICMHR/RANGE: (I)Intensive (C)Community (M)Mental (H)Health (R)Recovery/(R)ural (A)ccess (N)etwork for (G)rowth (E)nhancement - provides Veterans with a serious mental illness with intensive recovery-oriented mental health services that enable them both to live meaningful lives and in the community of their choosing. Focus on Psychosocial Rehabilitation and Recovery. ICMHR Services are driven by a recovery-oriented care-planning process that incorporates the Veteran’s goals, preferences, and strengths.
- Veteran 'X' - a weekly recovery group for Veterans. Participants serve as the treatment team for a fictitious Veteran 'X." Veteran 'X' has a number of social barriers that are similar to those faced by the group’s participants. While helping Veteran 'X' to solve his issues, the participants gain valuable skills and information to resolve their own issues. "Veteran X" is held every Monday from 6-8pm. To learn more about "Veteran X," contact Cary Adkins (724) 996-8892 or Jackie Cannon (724) 285-2293.
Abie Abraham VA Clinic
353 North Duffy Road, Butler, PA
Hours of Operation
- 8:00am - 4:30pm